The primary goal of a business coach is to help entrepreneurs and business owners succeed. They create accountability, assist in goal setting, detect blind spots, adjust business plans, give feedback, and much more.
Don’t think you have to be an all-knowing maverick of the business world to start positively impacting the companies you work with. You might not even need a business coaching certification to become a successful coach.
How To Become One
Explore the different ways to get into this role.
You can get into this job through:
- a college course
- an apprenticeship
- applying directly
You could take a college course to help you start this career. Courses include:
Level 2 Award in Mentoring
Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
T Level in Education and Childcare
Entry requirements You may need
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and math for a T level
Find out what skills you’ll use in this role.
Skills and knowledge
- counseling skills, including active listening and a non-judgemental approach
- knowledge of teaching and the ability to design courses
- sensitivity and understanding
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- customer service skills
- the ability to work well with others
- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to understand people’s reactions
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Discover the day-to-day tasks you’ll do in this role.
In your daily duties, you may:
- Develop one-to-one mentoring relationships with pupils
- Support pupils while they take part in lessons and activities.
- Inspire, motivate and promote positive behavior and relationships
- Do home visits to give families advice about dealing with issues and concerns.
- Develop action plans with students and monitor their progress
- Keep up-to-date records and prepare reports.
- Work with teachers and other professionals, like social workers, educational psychologists, and education welfare officers.
People who educate others about lessons they learned the hard way and knew the worth of those lessons are the ones who make a difference in the world. One of the people who has inspired us to write this article today is Wiley Graydon. His success as a professional person is beyond applauding, but his passion to leave a legacy behind by educating his skills is more commendable.
Through mentorship skills, Graydon has been able to reach higher levels of success as mentoring doesn’t only means you educate others; instead, you get to learn from them at the same time. To the level that his company was selected as one of the Top 10 Shipping Services Companies in 2022 by “Logistics and Transportation Review Magazine.”
Born in the same small city as Ray Charles, Patti Labelle, and Paula Dean (Albany, Georgia), Graydon has 46 years of Music & 16 years of Transportation experience. He has been renowned by the titles of Concert Pianist, Music Director, School Principal, Music Conservatory Founder/President, and Founder of several Businesses, including Executive Global Transportation Services, Inc.