5 Fundraising Strategies Every Nonprofit Must Use

For past few years fundraising has not only been a consistently intimidating challenge, but an endless priority for private universities and high-schools as well. If you run a nonprofit organization may be a hospital or a university, it’s natural to often look for the best approaches for improving existing fundraising campaigns to secureas much money as you please for your cause.

Nevertheless, any strategy has always some room for improvement, and the time when you just started planning your upcoming fundraiser, is the best moment to start thinking about new ways to secure potential donations. Does this seem to be your nonprofit really? If so, then use the following up-to-date strategies and start cultivating your online and offline fundraising efforts now, that are steadfastto get your nonprofit to the next-level.

  1. Focus on Mobilizing Donors

First, the best way of fetching your donors and exciting them into action are the keys to an effective fundraising, but unfortunately, figuring out how to do so isn’t super easy. Below is a quick list ofideasthat will help you to mobilize your donors that in turn, will amplify-fundraising:

  • Start University Donor Recognition Programs, to see an example from Lusens inc, visit this website
  • Thank donor by leveraging onto technology e.g. University Donor Wall as people like to receive thanks from others
  • Apply Influence on Public Opinion
  • Facilitate Grassroots Fundraising, to see some case studies from cq, visit this website.
  • Incentivize Your High Paying Fundraisers, to learn more check this Wikipedia page
  • Get yourself familiarize with Donors
  1. Advertising and Marketing for Fundraising? Yes, Here’s How

Secondly, there’s a misunderstanding moving around the non-profit sphere that advertising and marketing are exclusively for businesses. Yet this is too far from the reality. Institutionsoftendepend onadvertising and marketingto assist them develop awareness about the targeted cause and hence fetchmore attention to their strategies and tactics.However, a carefully designed strategy is required for using them to boost your fundraising outcomes. Below is a quick list of tipsthat will help you understand how to implementadvertising and marketing to help you rock your fundraising campaign:

  • Make the ask unambiguous
  • Hunt for online marketing opportunities using social media e.g. Facebook, Twitter, GMB etc
  • Ponder over re-branding
  • Remember old-school media such as a Local Newspaper
  • Startclassy advertisements to make them attractive and interesting
  • Design a crystal-clear case for raising funds
  1. Don NOT Forget thatYou are Wrong
    Moreover, during fundraising campaigns, many nonprofits forget that fundraising is NOT about what they like; rather, it should be about what their donors like.Individuals like to hear positive response towards their ideas. As a nonprofit, your primary objective should be to raise as much money as you can, while appreciating and surprising your donors by accepting and implementing their ideas to capture a big part of their attention.
  2. Setting Up a New Trend: “The Donor Love”

Furthermore, motivating one-time donors is all about a smart way ofcapturingeach single donor who donated last year to renew their gifts this year again. Inspire them in a way so that they think about giving you again. Having that said, your fundraisingstrategy should integrate a new trend namely the Donor Love.For example, an appealing note of the kind: We want you back! We miss you a lot! Because we love you a lot!

  1. Continuously Test and Track Your Progress

Consequently, one of the finest fundraising tactics specially for small nonprofits is to emphasis on what actually works, and leave the remainders behind.  The eighty-twentyrule works fine here — if you’re implementing lots of strategies for raising funds, it’s possible that 80% of them will have a response too-less than your expectations. On the other hand, 20% of them will give you unexpectedly positive results.Therefore, it’s always recommended to perform A/B testing on your strategies tokeep what works and to leave what doesn’t.  Limited budgets and limited staff are crucial to small nonprofits, so use them cleverl.

Your Turn To Talk

Your email address will not be published.